Friday, 10 February 2017
Tuesday, 7 February 2017
Perfect for 5 to 11 year olds, Squeebles Times Tables 2 allows them to practise their times tables in the most fun and interactive way possible. By answering times tables questions, children help Whizz to rescue the Squeebles from the clutches of the nasty Maths Monster and earn a multitude of rewards, as well as earning turns on two great mini-games.
The Squeebles apps have been featured by BBC Radio, The Telegraph, The Observer and The Guardian amongst others, and have reached the number 1 position in the education category in the UK and Australian Apple charts.
Features - For Children:
- Practise your tables across 6 different game modes (Tables 1-12; Tricky Tables; Mix It Up; Fill in the Gap; Challenge Mode; Extreme Tables).
- Covers tables from the regular 1 to 12 sets through to the 13, 14 and 15 times tables for those of you who have mastered the others.
- Step by Step Training mode takes you through your tables one by one until you know them all.
- 35 Squeebles characters to rescue by doing well in your tables, each with its own unique personality card.
- 50 gemstones to win for reaching certain milestones.
- Earn turns on the fun mini-game, Bubble Ball, by answering tables questions correctly. A second mini game is included in the Step by Step training mode as a "Brain Break" every so often.
- Earn stars to swap for equipment to use in the bubble-ball game.
- Win special random bonus rewards when you're least expecting it.
Features - For Parents and Teachers:
- Password-protected parents' area lets you manage players and view progress.
- View full stats from the last 28 days for each child registered with the app.
- Stats show each table attempted and any incorrect answers so each child's progress can be carefully monitored.
- Register unlimited children with the app, making it perfect for classroom use as well as home use.
- Lock table sets or particular questions so children are only asked tables which are suitable for their ability level. This also stops children from earning unlimited rewards by answering questions they find very easy.
- View a list of 'Tricky Tables' for each child (questions they have previously got wrong).
- Edit player settings, allowing customisation of how questions are presented to each child.
- Switch between user-entry or multiple choice answer modes for children of different ages or ability levels.
- No in-app purchases, adverts or internet links of any kind.
Friday, 3 February 2017
Thursday, 2 February 2017
Wow! What an amazing evening and day we have had so far...
After our delicous dinner yesterday, our evening was full of night orienteering and star gazing walks; listening to stories of adventure and smuggling. No wonder we were all so tired when we got back! After hot chocolate and biscuits we were all tucked up in bed.
After breakfast this morning, we enjoyed some environmental art and a trip to Corfe Castle, learning about King Edward and other stories!
We are all looking forward to the activities tonight!
Wednesday, 1 February 2017
After a short journey across Dorset we have arrived at Leeson House! Stepping off the coach excitement levels are off the scale with everyone looking forward to what will be an amazing few days.
After taking our luggage inside and meeting our leaders we then divided into our classes for our geography walk to Langton Matravers.
On our walk we carried out environment surveys and traffic surveys in different parts of the village as well as hearing various stories about the village and it's sites.
Upon returning to Leeson House, we made our way to our own bedrooms and embarked upon the adventure of making our own beds!
Having worked up an appetite making our beds we then made our way for a delicious meal of sausages and chips followed by chocolate cake getting us ready for our evening activities!